BWG Foods UC (BWG) respects and seeks to preserve the privacy of all our website users. Any personal information provided by you to BWG will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The purpose of this statement is to inform you of the data relating to you that BWG (“we”, “us”, “our”) collects and uses in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data.
This Privacy Statement relates only to this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any external websites or linked websites. If you have any questions about the use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer c/o BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We do not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer in the contact form. This personal data may include:
- Your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- Any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that is generated about you in connection with your use of this website; and
Collection and Use of Technical Information
When you visit this website, we will collect certain technical information. This information may include:
- The IP address of your web server;
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- The previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used; and
- The type of web browser and operating system used by you.
We will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. Any technical information collected will be anonymised and used for analytical purposes.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- Dealing with any queries you submit via the website;
- Generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being use for this purpose);
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- Fraud prevention, investigation or defending legal claims; and
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are that this is necessary for:
- Our legitimate interests in marketing and promoting our products and services and conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms; or
- That this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
Recipients of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- To third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT service providers, professional advisors and auditors;
- To members of the BWG group;
- If we sell or are considering selling any of our business or assets, to potential or actual buyers (and their officers, employees, agents and advisors);
- If we are acquired by a third party or a third party is considering acquiring us, to potential or actual buyers (and their officers, employees, agents and advisors); and
Any personal data which you volunteer to us in our contact form will be held for a period of no more than 2 years from the date of collection, at which time it will be deleted from our systems entirely.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data except when you submit an online contact form and we need it for this purpose. If you do not provide us with the information required, we may not be in a position to process your contact form.
In connection with the above, we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These may include entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. If you would like to receive further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact our Data Protection Officer c/o BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purpose;
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer c/o BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
We may occasionally update this statement. We encourage you to periodically review this statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer c/o BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found at (https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us) or you can call the Data Protection Commission at 353 (0)761 104 800. Security