BWG Foods Retailers Sweep the Board at the National ShelfLife Convenience Store Awards 2014
SPAR Express Junction 14, Mayfield, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare, has been named as Ireland’s top convenience store by industry magazine ShelfLife at an awards ceremony in Dublin recently. SPAR Express Junction 14, Mayfield won the Supreme National Convenience Store of the Year Award 2014 and the Forecourt Retailer of the Year Award 2014.
The store, which was opened in June 2011, is owned by Kildare businessmen Donal and Liam Fitzpatrick. On a day to day basis the store is managed by Gavin Moran. Employment at the store has grown from 45 in 2011 to 145 in 2014 and has an average 5,500 transactions per day.
This is the third consecutive year a SPAR store has been named Supreme Award National Convenience Store of the Year. In total, SPAR, SPAR Express, MACE and XL retailers took home eleven awards at the National ShelfLife C-Store Awards.
The full list of Award Winners is:
• SPAR Express Junction 14, Mayfield, Monasterevin, Co Kildare won the Supreme National Convenience Store of the Year Award 2014 and the Forecourt Retailer of the Year Award 2014.
• SPAR Express Letterkenny, Co. Donegal won the Gold National Award for Stores up to 2,000 sq ft category
• SPAR Millennium Walkway, Dublin 1 won the Gold National Award for Stores 2,000 to 4,000 sq ft category
• SPAR Gourmet, Baggot Street, Dublin 2 won the Bronze National Award for Stores up to 2,000 sq ft category
• SPAR Express East Wall Road, Dublin 3 won the Best Community Initiative 2014 category
• Siobhan Allen, HR Manager in SPAR Express Merrion Gates, Dublin 4 won the Staff Development Award 2014
• Maxol MACE Sandyford, Dublin 18 won the Best Solid Fuel Retail Store Award 2014
• Maxol MACE Ballincollig, Cork won the Silver Forecourt Retailer of the Year Award 2014
• XL Eyre Square, Galway won the Best News Department 2014, for the 2nd consecutive year
• SPAR Garrycastle, Athlone won the Cuisine de France Bakery Award 2014.
Congratulating the winners of the ShelfLife C-Store Awards 2014, Willie O’Byrne, Managing Director, BWG Foods said: “We would like to extend our congratulations to the winning retailers and their teams on achieving these prestigious national titles. I would like to send a special congratulations to Donal Fitzpatrick, Liam Fitzpatrick and Gavin Moran at SPAR Express Junction 14 Mayfield on being named Supreme National Convenience Store of the Year 2014. It is their constant pursuit of perfection that sets our brands apart from their peers in a marketplace which is already internationally recognised as setting the standards in convenience and forecourt retailing. The stores and staff in all winning locations are very deserving of these industry accolades and they are great champions for the SPAR and SPAR Express brands.”
SPAR and EUROSPAR launch new Own Brand campaign to highlight that great value is closer than you think Local community retail brands SPAR and EUROSPAR have launched an exciting new Advertising and…Read more
Recently retired Ireland rugby captain Johnny Sexton is taking up a new role as part of the MACE Right Options campaign for 2024 to help promote healthy eating, physical exercise and positive…Read more
EUROSPAR Sales Director, Peter Dwan, recently presented a cheque for €25,000 to St Vincent de Paul, on behalf of Ireland’s nationwide network of EUROSPAR retailers. St Vincent de Paul (SVP) charity is…Read more
Irish Hospice Foundation to be supported by Londis retailers for two-year term December 18: Leading Irish retail convenience brand Londis has announced Irish Hospice Foundation as its new national charity partner for…Read more
10 local primary schools from around Ireland recently shared in SPAR’s €10,000 Christmas campaign, which was aimed at getting the nation singing along to the theme of SPAR’s award-winning Christmas TV advert….Read more